The Worst Attractions in Each State
A popular Michigan attraction during Halloween, the Abandoned Acres Farm Haunted Attraction is a huge disappointment. And excuse us for picking nits, but if the Farm House is abandoned, who is charging for admission? And what on Earth does a circus theme have to do with corn mazes?
Michigan - Abandoned Acres Farm Haunted Attraction
The Abandoned Acres Farm Haunted Attraction is made up of two corn mazes: one with evil killer clowns and the other with other scary…things. But if you are dying (ha, dying) to go, you'll have to wait till next fall because this thing runs from late September to early November – weekends only.
Did you know...
- Minnesota might say that it's the "Land of 10,000 Lakes," but Canada has it beat. The country as a whole has over three million lakes. That means Canada has 60% of the world's total number of lakes within its borders. It must seem like paradise for people who like to fish or boat!
- The longest flight in the world is between Singapore and Newark, New Jersey. Depending on which way you're flying, it takes around 18.5 hours to complete the 9,534 miles of the journey. The flight is so long that it doesn't even have an economy class. Only first-class and business-class arrangements are offered.
- Taking a vacation is good for your health! Studies have shown that a vacation can help to lower your risk of heart disease. It's also a proven way to improve your creativity. So if you have some writer's block or need to lower your stress, grab a friend and go on an adventure!
- There are over 61,000 people on a plane in the air over the U.S. at any given moment. That makes sense because the U.S. has one third of all the airports in the world. Hartsfield-Jackson Airport in Atlanta is the busiest airport in the world with over 100 million total passengers every year since 2015.
- The surface area of Pluto is just under 6.5 million square miles. The CIA Factbook lists the area of Russia to be just over 6.6 million square miles. That makes Russia bigger than Pluto (and much closer to visit). Are you still very upset that Pluto isn’t a planet anymore?