New Orleans is heaven for foodies. They take their cooking seriously, and they do it seriously well. Trying to find our favorite places to recommend was a feat in and of itself, but we managed to nail down our 15 favorite dishes. Split up by appetizers, entrees, and desserts, these individual dishes are the best plates at the very best restaurants.
We also included 7 drinks (one for each day of the week). You can't visit NOLA without wetting your whistle!
- Muffuletta at Central Grocery
- Seafood Platter at Deanie’s Seafood
- Chicken Rosemarino at Irene’s Cuisine
- Lasagna at Vincent's Italian Cuisine
- 14 oz. Prime Rib-Eye at Dickie Brennan's
- Charbroiled Oysters at Drago’s
- Crêpe Antillaise at La Crêpe Nanou
- Café au Lait at Café du Monde
- Money Maker at Bellocq in The Hotel Modern
- Pimms Cup at Old Absinthe House
- Bloody Mary at The Victorian Lounge in The Columns Hotel
- Vieux Carre at The Carousel Bar & Lounge in Hotel Monteleone
I Wish I Could See a Map of Where These Places Are.
Wish granted! Need directions? We put together this map with all of our favorite places from the list to help with your logistics.