Austin shows us that there's more to the Lone Star State than Tex-Mex and red meat. Make no mistake, however, Austin does both of those things really well. Yet, as the fastest growing large city in the country, Austin has seen culinary influences introduced from a wide range of sources. Our 15 favorite dishes range from Asian-inspired beets to good old-fashioned pizza.
- The Fat Queen Wood-Fired Neapolitan Pizza at Pieous
- Pachola Burger at Kerbey Lane Cafe
- Beet Home Fries from East Side King food truck at The Liberty bar
- Bacon Cheeseburger at Dan's Hamburgers
- Spinach Lasagna at Gusto Italian Kitchen & Wine Bar
- Smoked Brisket at Franklin Barbecue
- Popcorn and a Movie at Swift's Attic
- Mexican Martini at Trudy's
- Fuego Jalapeño Pilsner from Twisted X Brewing Company (found at numerous bars)
- Firemans #4 Blonde Ale from Real Ale Brewing Company (found at numerous bars)
Where Can I Find All of These Tasty Treats?
Behold; we've created a treasure map of Austin's culinary goods.